Founded in 1966 The Psalter Lane Nursery is a long established private nursery in Sheffield.
The nursery is sited in a Victorian building and gardens where children are able to grow and develop their learning, skills and knowledge.
We provide day care for children between the ages of 12 months to 5 years for 38 weeks of the year. We also provide an activity school during the holiday periods.
The overall aims and objectives of the nursery are to enable all children to achieve and develop to their full potential in the 7 areas of the Early Years Foundation stage, through high quality teaching and interactions and learning in a stimulating, inclusive and enabling environment using a play based approach. We want to encourage the children to become self confident individuals with the ability, skills, knowledge and readiness to engage in the next steps of their learning.
Qualified and experienced practitioners are sensitive and responsive to the individual needs of each child.
The nursery team are committed to the following principles:
- to deliver high quality childcare to support children’s learning and development through a tailored curriculum
- to ensure that all children’s needs and values are respected in relation to religion, culture, race and disabilities
- to value parent partnerships, fostering good communication and relationships with parents, sharing information about their child to support their learning at home and at nursery
- to share inclusive practice
- to ensure all practitioners are supported in their practice through continuous professional development (CPD) , supervisions and training.
- To work with other professionals to support the individual needs of children
- to always ensure that the welfare and safety of the children through a robust safeguarding policy and procedure