The Psalter Lane nursery is registered as an approved provider to offer places to 2 year old children who are entitled to 15 hours free early learning per week for 38 weeks of the year.
Eligibility Criteria for two year old free early learning:-
A two year old must meet at least one of the criteria below:-
A. Their parent meets the criteria used for free school meals (i.e they are in receipt of one of the following benefits)
- Income support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs.
B. Their families receive working tax credits and have a gross annual income of no more than £16,190 per year.
C. The child attracts Disability Living Allowance.
D. The child:
- Has a current statement of SEN or an Education, Health and Care Plan.
- Is looked after by the Local Authority.
- Has left care via adoption.
- Has left care via Special Guardianship Order.
- Has left care via Residence order.
How To Apply
- Online www.sheffield.gov.uk/freeearlylearning.
- Phone Customer First 0114 2734567, option 4 then option 5.
- In person at First Point, Howden House, Union Street, Sheffield City Centre. Howden House is located close to the Peace Gardens and the ‘cheesegrater’ car park and is open 8.30 am until 5.30 pm.
When can an application be made ?
An application can be made from the beginning of the term in which the child becomes two.
A child can begin their 2 year funded FEL place from the beginning of the term after their second birthday.
The nursery accepts all childcare vouchers from employer’s childcare schemes.